Jan 17, 2011

Couch to 5k?

I'm not doing it officially. I'm just wondering about it as a tool. I have done it in the past and got up to running a full 3 miles...but that was long ago in a pre-back injury time. I had such a good run the other day I thought maybe I could jump in and use it. I had just been running/walking amounts that felt good and thought maybe I should do a C25K run for motivation.

Ugh. I don't know. I definitely needed more food in me before any run that day. I felt all nauseous and light headed about half way into it. The average person doesn't really need to carb load before a run under 5 miles, and I definitely am not some kind of elite athlete that needs to plan pre-running fuel. I just felt icky and lethargic and dizzy. After the run, and the post run eating like a horse, I felt great though. Super energetic. Thanks, endorphins! I don't know if it was the lack of food before, or b/c I was timing intervals but I was just dragging.

Oh well. At least I tried! That counts for something. 

No comments: