Feb 17, 2011

Alright kids!

I'm doing it. I'm going to commit to doing 30 days of 30 Day Shred. I definitely need some strength training in my life...if you can call little 5 lb weights strength training! Or the fact that I can do like 8 modified pushups where I maybe move 4 inches. I'm pretty sure that is how Jillian does them.

Today was my first day. Well, I guess I did it last weekend but I'm not counting that. I think I'm still going to get some walking hard core running on the tm/outside just because I enjoy it. And, let's be honest here, I need to burn some extra calories!

I think after 30DS I'm going to do a month of boot camp. Which I'm sure is going to kick my ass, badly. I did get a sweet Groupon deal, so at least I'm not hemorrhaging money in return for someone causing me physical and emotional pain. Hopefully Jillian + running will be a nice base so I don't embarass myself too badly in front of other people. At least Jillian's abuse is in the comfort of my own home!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oof -- good luck with Jillian! From what I've heard, I think her low weights and high reps approach will probably prepare you well for bootcamp though. That and the running. Maybe you'll be cracking out those before and after shots after all ;-)

Megan said...

So, did you do it today? I did. Level 2 is EVIL!!

Carrie @ Confessions of a Dietitian said...

I did do it yesterday! And am about to do it today. No level 2 yet. I found it helps if I turn Jillian off and turn on music instead.