Feb 2, 2011

Orlando

I really, really, really love warm weather. I don't even really mind the swampy hot of the summers. I hate winter. Hate, hate, hate. We had FABULOUS warm weather while we were there. Highs about 72-80. I was in Heaven. Our tentative plan is to move closer to home when M is done with residency...or move my happy butt to the beach. I say if we moved to the beach my parents would come, too. It was sunny and warm and beautiful. And then we came home to cold AL. At least we didn't have to go to a town currently experiencing the Snowpocalypse. The airport was deserted b/c there were really not very many places you could fly to or from!

I'll post a few pics from the awesome Harry Potter World soon. It was magical and perfect and wonderful. I squealed, pushed, ran, gaped, and clapped the whole day. Rode a few roller coasters and realized, yeah, we may be too old for coasters. It was fun like the first 30 seconds, and then I just wanted it to stop. And I LOVED roller coasters. Late January seems to be a perfect time to go to the parks. There was definitely a decent amount of people (and a surprising amount of school aged kids, so jealous. My parents would've laughed and laughed had I suggested that!) but the temps were perfect and the lines were short. We didn't wait longer than 25 mins on anything. The lines were actually shorter than where the Fast Passes would've put you in, so we didn't buy one.

I'll be back soon with pictures and a discussion topic, um, amongst myself I suppose, about orthorexia and about what happens when exercise/diet starts really interfering with your life.

No comments: